We’re sure that this holiday season the inside of your home will be decorated with care – stockings, twinkling lights and a tree or a menorah will make your home feel festive as the holidays approach. However, we think this year you should give your neighbors something to talk about.
While many of the houses that line your street will be decorated with the standard wreath on the front door, lights on the bushes, or even a giant, blow-up Snoopy, this year you can set a new standard by decorating your garage door (tastefully, of course.) This large, blank canvas is the perfect place to add some holiday cheer to your home.
Here are a few ideas:
- Hang a wreath or garland in the center of your garage door for a simple yet traditional look.
- Handy with wrapping paper? Wrap each section of the door with holiday wrapping paper and secure with duct tape. Finish it off with a large bow for some extra flair.
- Use battery-operated or LED solar lights to add a cord-free glow to your door. If you’re feeling creative, use them to make a festive design like a Christmas tree or star.
- Your white garage door works as a perfect projector screen. Use it to project a holiday-themed image or greeting at nighttime.
- Garage door magnets or decals are probably the simplest option. These come in a variety of sizes, from small to mural-sized, and can easily be taken down and used again year after year.
No matter how you trim your garage door this season, make sure safety remains your first priority. Keep decorations clear of hinges and check to make sure they don’t affect how your door opens and closes.
How do you decorate your garage door for the holidays? Leave a comment and let us know! Better yet, post a photo of your decorations to our Facebook page.